This Sunday, January 3, our services will be conducted online only. This is available to our members and those who have been invited by members. If you are interested in joining us online but do not have access, please contact us.
Effective June 7, 2020, we have resumed meeting at the church building but in a limited capacity.
- We are conducting an 11am worship service on Sundays, and a 7pm Bible class on Wednesdays. (We invite you to join us on Wednesdays at 6pm by bringing your own carryout or prepared dinner.) Sunday Bible classes have been suspended until further notice.
- Masks are provided for any members or visitors who have not brought their own. Per Michigan executive order, masks are not required in places of worship. However, we want to show consideration for our fellow brothers and sisters, and we encourage you to wear a mask for indoor activities. Masks can be found at the foyer table at the main entrance.
- Hand sanitizing stations can be found at the main entrance and in the fellowship hall.
- Chairs have been placed in the auditorium to follow social-distancing guidelines. Please only move chairs if it is for the purpose of maintaining these guidelines or to allow your immediate family members to sit together.
- We continue our practice of weekly Communion services, but we will not be passing the Communion plates. To reduce exposure, we encourage you to bring your own to share among your family. However, if you were not able or simply forgot, there will be self-serve plates at the front of the auditorium which will contain both Communion bread and juice when we celebrate Communion together.
- An offering plate is located inside the entrance to the auditorium. You can also mail contributions to the building or Lisa (her address is in the directory) or use our online giving form: https://troychurch.net/give.
We continue to use the Zoom video conference software to simulcast the Sunday worship services and Wednesday Bible classes. This is available to our members and those who have been invited by members. If you are interested in joining us online but do not have access to the meetings, please contact us.
ACTING IN WISDOM AND COMPASSION
We want to be sensitive, careful and socially responsible, but we do not want to be driven by fear or anxiety. God is still in control and our lives are still in His hands. Matthew 10:29 still says that “29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” And even though the context is persecution the principle remains the same. God is in control over our well-being. Some of us will go through the coronavirus and some of us won’t. We pray for God’s mercy that every one of those who do will come out on the other side stronger. We do not want to tempt God by being careless but we do not want to disconnect the physical from the spiritual either.
In the midst of fears and anxiety, the Church has a responsibility to represent Jesus to our communities. That mission includes providing opportunities to gather together, as well as serve those who are the most vulnerable during a crisis like this, especially our elder members. Don’t give into fear but increase your awareness to your own health condition and the people you come in contact with. Please make sure you observe the strictest rules of hygiene during a time like this. If you feel you are in the category of vulnerability for this virus please stay home and limit your contact with people outside of your family. If you need help with groceries or other items let us know and we will procure them for you and drop them to your house. If any member of your family suffers or has recently suffered with a viral disease please stay home as most likely it has been transmitted to the healthy members of your family even if no symptoms are present at the moment. If you need any groceries or items please let us know as well and we will support you. If you are healthy and know of neighbors or friends in need please let us know and please be a support for them.